Meet the Authors

Thursday, September 30, 2010

September's Monthly Rejection RoundUp

Well, yet another month has passed. Still waiting to hear from two agents. Finished upgrading my MG to YA (publisher requested revisions); just letting it sit for a few days before I go back and polish. Plan to send it to the Publisher by middle of October. Same MS is also being used to teach editing and revision at a major university's lit program this fall! Exciting. More details to follow. Also finished revisions on a second YA and critting my reading partner's MS.

No new subs out as I've been focused on revisions and outlining my new dystopian (well, my old dystopian than I'm now getting back to). Most of the "rejects" are actually "no responses" on old subs. Et... voila:

Total manuscripts out: 34
Unique PB titles: 20
> New subs this month: 3
Unique MG/YA titles: 2
> New subs this month: 0

Total rejections: 20
Form/No response means "No": 16
Personal: 2
> Positive: 2
> Negative: 0
* meaning anything that directly references my submission by more than title

Total manuscript requests: 0
Partials: 0
Fulls: 0

Offers: 0
PB: 0
Novel: 0



Mood Meter (on a scale of -5 to +5 with -5 being downright rotten and +5 being ecstatic): 3.7

Change from last month: +/-0

No change, even though I had to mark off a lot of MS's as rejects due to no response and even got a reject on one PB after a couple rounds of revisions; but positive news with publisher interested in my YA, so feels a lot like "wait and see."




Crossed fingers that October will be the month.

3 comments:

  1. I'll have my fingers crossed for you. I'm sending off revisions in October, too. Maybe we'll both get lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam. Crossing my fingers for you, too!

    ReplyDelete